1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy 75-200 water Storage Tanks

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Supert, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Supert Shrimp lover!

Johnston, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  2. DNW

Jesup, IA
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I would check farm and fleet, the shipping from an online retailer is usually pretty steep for tanks

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Seems the vertical are less common to find used than horizontal.
    $128 isn't bad. Shipping is usually a killer on those though or at least when I was looking it was. Best to find a local distributor and see if they'll bring it in with their regular orders. I did that with my 35g horizontal tanks from Theisen's.

4. Supert Shrimp lover!

Johnston, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    FYI shipping is $158, otherwise I can drive 3 1/2hr to pick it up. I might have to do that, if I can't find it locally

5. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Check the farm stores. If they don't normally stock it they should be able to order it for you.
    Theisen's here in CR did that with my tanks and saved me all the shipping costs.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Mill Fleet Farm carries some, also check with Sprayer Specialties in Grimes, they can get you anything up to 1000s of gallon tanks. Also they carry poly industrial strength bulkheads

7. OH!zone New User

Iowa Falls
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Soft sided rain tanks work great for me! They are cheap, easy to move & carry. They go through any doorway collapsed under my arm and they come in many sizes. I put 2 200 gallon tanks in the basement which I could never do with hard sided tanks. I fill one with RODI while using the other for weekly water changes. They have zippered tops so no evaporation. Keep the plastic zippers clean from salt however. I got them off the internet through Walmart and they delivered them to the store for free. That was approx. 2 years ago.

8. Supert Shrimp lover!

Johnston, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What does this look like? Sounds interesting, is it safe? 200 gallon is quite a bit of water.