1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

2017 MACNA in New Orleans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Aug 29, 2016.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Looking forward to next year already!

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I guess it depends on where exactly in NO it's located...I don't want to get shot!

3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Here is the text of the announcement @Turbo's Aquatics@Turbo's Aquatics which indicates the location:

Marine Aquarium Conference of North America ® 2017 (MACNA ®) to be hosted in New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans, LA – August 29, 2016 – Bayou Reefkeeping (BRK) is elated to announce that MACNA® 2017 will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, August 25th-27th, 2017 at the Ernest M. Morial Convention Center and Hilton Riverside Hotel.

MACNA® 2017 is proudly sponsored by: Aquaforest, Deepwater Distribution, Maxspect International, Central Pets, Coral Vue, Reef Nutrition, eShopps, and more! MACNA® is widely considered to be the top conference and trade show in the marine aquarium industry.

MACNA® attracts attendees from all over the world that come to see the industry’s newest product offerings from the top manufacturers in the industry and interact with some of the brightest minds in the marine aquarium hobby.

MACNA® is currently in its 29th year and 2017 will mark its first trip to the great state of Louisiana, the heart of the Gulf Coast region. For more information regarding MACNA® 2017, please visit www.macnaconference.org/2017.

BRK is a registered 501(c)(7) non-profit educational organization dedicated to supporting the local aquarium hobby through educational outreach, fostering new hobbyists, and furthering the advancement of captive bred marine life. www.bayoureefkeeping.com

MACNA® is a registered trademark of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA®). For more details about MASNA® and its member clubs, please visit www.masna.org.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Wow, right down in the French Quarter! I've been there before (FQ), it was while I was an insurance adjuster working on Katrina & Rita and it wasn't really crazy/etc, in fact it was a lot of fun, very friendly people. I just know that it's an inherently dangerous area in general. If I went I don't know that I would be going out at night much outside of the hotel & convention center but I know that the partiers that DO go to MACNA are going to love this one LOL!!

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I really cant wait. I will definitely spend a couple extra days there.

6. tbraz

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The Iowa CCW has reciprocity down there, so its not all bad

7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I've always wanted to go to NO, this might make for a nice dad's weekend away

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I had to google that...good to know!