1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

1st tank ever

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Ray/Jen_Reefin, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Lets have some fun, post a picture of your very first tank ever. Don't be shy at all.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I don't have any pics from 1987, unfortunately, of my 10g Texas Cichlid tank.

3. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Lol. I have mine just on a nother phone. But I figured this would be a fun exercise to do.. plus get the thread moving along...... BTW, don't be ashamed to show your tank with the disco lights in the background. #1987 lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  4. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    My first tank was in 1993 and I was six. I know there's pics, but who knows where.

It was a community tank. I remember having mollies, platys, swordtails, and a pleco....that grew to be 10"

I think it was a 30gal tank.

5. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    Mine was a 29gal with 6 red belly piranhas in '89, I was 8 and can remember riding my bike to the mom and pop pet store in Marion to buy them with my lawn mowing money. biggest fish was named tbone lol.

no pics/I was 8 and had no camera and cell pics were a decade+ down the road lol