1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What 2 part dosers do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeremy, Jul 28, 2015.

1. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Just wanted to see what 2 part dosers everyone uses and if you like them or would try different dosers.

I use the bulk reef supply 2 part dosers for all 3 parts hooked to digital timers dosed 8 times a day. I like the dosers I don't like the timers. These are on my 120 gallon tank.

I also have a bubble magnus 3 head doser that you input dose amount, start dosing time, and how many doses a day. I like this type way better. Easy to use and works well. This is on a 40 breeder.

I think I am gonna switch my BRS dosers to a 3 head doser because of ease of programming, much less cluttered, and only 1 power plug for 3 dosers. The BRS dosers are reliable and only $12 a year per doser to replace tube inside doser compared to $26 per head on bubble magnus. Not sure how long you can run before replacement is recommended.

I just don't know what brand to get. Bubble Magnus, Vertex, GHL??? DOS would cost to much for 2 units so don't want that for dosing but I will be getting one for water change system.

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Don't forget about the Jebao doser.

3. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Yup. I forgot the Jeabo. How do you like it? If you have one.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have one, but haven't really had a chance to mess with it much

5. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    We have 2 of the BRS Drew's dosers on one tank to dose 2 part and hate having the timers.

We have the Jaebo 4 head doser on the other tank dosing 2 part, vinegar and acro power. I really like the Jaebo a lot better than the timers and has been working great since November. The only drawback is the documentation is a bit cryptic but once you get past that it is pretty easy.

Long term reliability is still an unknown but did I mention they are $79 shipped off Amazon?

6. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I ran BRS dosing pumps when I was dosing. hooked up and programmed through the apex. Worked well. I never had issues with the low volume pump. But their 50ml/min pump for ato I have been through a couple units. Sounds like the gears strip out. BRS replaced under warranty, but it was still a PITA.

I think the programmable multi head pumps would be the way to go. Less clutter, programmable. I just don't have any experience with them to make a recommendation.

7. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Yeah. I like the bubble magnus but I was wondering what else is out there. I have a hard time buying the jeabo. Reliability is what I want. Don't need to nuke several thousand dollars of acroporas. But maybe they are just as good as the bubble magnus. The look basically the same just different brand stickers on them.

8. Foo

Foo Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    LM3

9. RJ

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've been running a Jebao doser for a couple weeks and really like it. I just have two minor complaints. The first is that the clock runs fast. I set the time according to my cellphone and after two weeks it is 4 minutes fast. The second complaint is that if you are dosing small amounts it doses slightly more then you want even after calibrating. This isn't a big deal to me because all 4 pumps over dose the exact same amount and it is consistent. Once I dialed in how much I needed to dose through the doser I was good.

10. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I never even thought of a LM3.

RJ. The bubble magnus clock is off too. The doses work good. Dosers runs the same amounts. I like being able to dose up to 24 times a day per channel.
    Maybe I will try a jaebo.

11. RJ

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the doser runs well and consistent. Like you said it can dose each channel 24 times a day. I dose my calcium on every hour and alkalinity on every half hour.

12. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    Ive been running the Jebao DP-4 doser for 10 months now. No issues with it. Works great and was perfectly calibrated out of the box. I only use 3 of the dosing pumps on it. Only negative is that the lcd display screen never shuts off so I can imagine in 3-4 years it may start to burn out. That wont nuke the tank though. At the price you can find them for replacing it every few years is worth it to me.

13. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Thanks all for input. I decided to go with another Bubble Magnus since I have spare dose heads and my other works good.