1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Our 135 gallon pizza slice of the ocean build!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tangers, May 24, 2015.

1. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone...
    My girlfriend Brittany and I are finally getting time to get our tank up and going. The tank is a 135 gallon acrylic corner tank. The tank was in fair condition when we got it so we buffed the entire thing to get all the scratches out of the front panel. I was able to have a good friend build me a custom sump for under the cabinet so we can utilize every square inch of cabinet space and be able to have everything we want in it. We hope to have water in it within the next week or two so here we go! Please feel free to chime in with comments, questions, or suggestions!

2. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

3. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Her is a picture so far and a picture of the sump. We still have yet to install the floats in the sump for the ato and make some adustments to the drain for the ref. Ignore the pics of the apex because after getting going we have decided not to mount it there and we will be putting a slide out board behind the tank to hold all of our electonics.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Not very often you see an L-shaped sump!! Very cool

5. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Looks like a very well thought out build so far. Can't wait to see the tank when you get it up and running.

6. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Got the electrical all set up today. Mounted the apex and all power to a board that slides behind the one side of the tan to keep everything concealed. The mp40wqd's will get mounted on this also. Got the tank cleaned up, up on the stand and all of the drainage done too!

7. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Thanks turbo...coming from an acrylic worker like you I take that as a real compliment!

Blackx-runner... yeah it's been a real long time coming....all the way back to the 500g that got taken down. :( But we are super stoked to get back in the hobby!

8. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    A few updates....aquascaping is complete and most of sand is in!
    [​IMG]

10. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Tank has been full to the top with saltwater now for a few days. We have a few shrimp in there to start the cycle. Also got the gyre in there to keep things spinning around. Currently have it mounted horizontally but it will be mounted vertically. Got my 3 kessil a360we's today! Of course I had to hold one over the tank just to see how they look...very impressed!
    [​IMG]

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    How is the ATO chamber?

13. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Also got most of the return plumbing done today. Just a few loose ends here and there but we should be turning water by sunday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I don't have water in the sump yet Bud. But got the float switches put in and everything seems nice and tight. Not second guessing it for a second...but regardless we should know on sunday! :)
    --- Auto-Merged, Jun 11, 2015 ---
    Thanks again for you help!

15. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Looks awesome